Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The List

So for those that know me I am a chronic list maker. They help me stay organized, focused, and motivated. I think I may even converted some others to join the "listside".  I put things on lists that I know I would do anyways like showering or eat breakfast just so I can mark off as completed. Go me I followed through on basic hygiene! Hey I guess whatever works back to list making....

As I struggled with the impending birthday of {gulp} 30 I tried to wrap my head around this number and not panic about entering a new decade. This age is hard year to swallow since what I envisioned my life at 30 would be like back in my younger years is no where close to where I actually am. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't change anything but when it's on paper {harumph} not exactly fairy tale material there. So what to do about it....

I watched numerous "older" friends transition into this birthday in many different ways. I thought about doing  a big party, a travel destination, a countdown. I saw a few do 30 events before 30 cute, but being the ever procrastinator realized there would be no way to pull it off. A failed goal was not how I want to start off a decade. I wanted to be excited, try new things, and looking forward to this next time in my life. In April I thought AH HA a list yes that will make me feel better!  THE LIST: 30 Things to Accomplish in My 30th Year. 

Some tasks are silly and others will take a bit more dedication and planning. I am always up for suggestions it was so hard to narrow it down to only 30 but there is always next year. I've always wanted to start a blog and didn't know where to begin so this seemed like a great way to start and marks one item off the list. I hope to share with you all my adventures both on and off this list over the course of the year!

30 Things to Accomplish in My 30th Year


1) hot air ballooning
2) go out of the country
3) cook 20 different fish/vegetarian meals
4) watch a sunrise
5) go to shooting range
6) go to the beach & build a sand castle
7) climb a mountain
8) color run
9) attend a midnight movie premiere
10) outdoor yoga
11) ride a tandem bike
12) jet ski- sadly no I've never done this before
13) sleep under the stars
14) see an opera
15) read gone with the wind
16) enjoy a bottle of wine at a winery
17) 20 random acts of kindness
18) sew 1 project-
19) host a party
20) send out holiday cards (any holiday)
21) visit 4 museums/zoo/science centers etc you get the idea
22) attend a concert
23) drive a convertible
24) lose 30 lbs
25) adventure sport: rock climb/zipline/atv/skydive/white water raft
26) build a snowman
27) paint a picture
28) start a blog
29) attend a "fun" class (cooking, wine pairing, sushi, cake decorating etc)
30) reach 200 geocaches

1 comment:

  1. These are fun to read! I haven't done a ton of them! Inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete