Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Have Champagne Will Travel

For someone who has moved as much as I have (about 20 different addresses but who's counting) I'm sure you'll agree each place holds unique memories but only if it's really special will it hold a spot in your heart.     

*enjoying a fabulous wedding*
For 6 years I lived in Louisville Kentucky and for me it's one of the top 3 places I will forever feel like "home".  I can't help but hum a bit of  My Old Kentucky Home as I cross the Ohio River and see the blue grass. Every time I hear the bugle at Churchill Downs my heart does a flutter and man oh  man there is nothing like seeing a well stocked bar of bourbon after a hot and humid day (which are plentiful). 
*as a bar should look- all bourbon*








I don't get to return to Louisville as much as a like, but when I do it's always a wonderful trip and there are numerous friends willing to bestow their southern hospitality. This past trip was no exception. 

I packed up a few travel bottles of champagne, cigars, and a bridesmaid dress and headed down for a whirlwind weekend trip sandwiched between midterms. 

*perfect summer drink*
After a long drive it was wonderful to sit on the porch in Old Louisville watching cars go by & lightening bugs flicker while sipping sangria and enjoy a good cigar. Joyce made a refreshing grapefruit champagne sangria! Check out the recipe on her blog here. Side note she is one of the most fabulous hostesses, fashionistas, & decorators I know and I love following her latest projects on her blog Yours, Most Sincerely. 

*The happy couple*
The next day started with early morning hair and other wedding preparations. With all the heat lately I was a bit nervous on the outcome of wearing satin while in an outdoor wedding. Phew! The weather could not have been a more perfect day sunny with a breeze! 

Hubers Winery was a gorgeous location. It is just a short drive from Louisville is a great fall trip to pick apples and pumpkins, and not to forget their tasty wine! I couldn't believe I was in southern Indiana as I watched the sunset between the rows of grapes! 
 
*true skills -hula hooping in 6 in heels*
*nonstop dancing*
 I haven't that much fun in a wedding in a long time and I had the sore feet to prove it! The DJ kept bringing out items to get the crowd involved and played lots of dance favorites. Hula hoops, glow sticks and beads oh my!




The adventure continued the next day as we went to another one of my all time favorite Louisville places Churchill Downs. I love spending an afternoon at the track enjoying the sights and sounds. While I love watching the horses race the people watching is just as exquisite! The Red, White, and Blue night was no exception, some things just can't be unseen. 
*Joyce and I, a soggy Night at the Races*
The stomach flu and torrential rain couldn't keep me away from my first night racing event. While I wasn't a big betting winner I could say I hit the jackpot of an awesome weekend filled with friends and fun!

I am looking forward to my next trip down to Louisville in the upcoming weeks. Hmm off to find the perfect cocktail dress for the event.

1 comment:

  1. Love the post! You know we love your visits to the 'Ville!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete