Friday, July 19, 2013

#3.1 Lemon Butter Tilapia with Capers

*yum*


To kick off the vegetarian cooking list item (one down 19 to go) I went with an oldy but goody in my recipe collection. I'll be more adventurous for future meals and try some new recipes. This is one of my favorite go to meals when I want something quick, easy and looks like I did a lot of work.


 I made up this recipe mashing a bunch together and to suite my personal taste. You really can't mess it up feel free to make it your own!  I love to pair it with Tabbouleh and steamed veggies. I like Casablanca Gardens Tabouli from World Market, it takes only 5 minutes and is super flavorful.  All together it's about 6-8 WW+pts depending on the amount of butter and seasonings you add to veggies. Enjoy!


tilapia fillets
1-2 Tbsp butter melted
Parmesan cheese
capers
1 lemon
garlic powder
salt & pepper
cilantro flakes
parsley flakes
lemon pepper (optional but helps add a little extra zing)


preheat oven to 375 and spray bottom of pan.  Salt and pepper both sides of Tilapia. Melt butter and pour over top of fillets. Cut 4 (circle shaped) slices of lemon to place on fish later then squeeze rest of lemon over fillets. Pour liquids first so seasonings don't get washed off. Sprinkle fish with garlic powder, cilantro flakes, parsley flakes, and lemon pepper. Add Tbsp or so of capers (drained) and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on each fillet. Cut slices of lemon in half and put 2 pieces on each fish. Bake for 25-30 min

*white wine or Jameson are other great suggestions to change up taste...pour Tbsp or so over each fillet when adding other liquids



No comments:

Post a Comment