Friday, July 12, 2013

Lakewood Eats

I figured since I love finding quirky, original, and educational things to do in a town I'd make a Cleveland Rocks series of posts highlighting cool things to do here. 

My birthday included a day of moving,work,and classes so had to think of quick pit stop in Lakewood for food. I still love that I can pay people in food and beer for help moving. So many choices but I always gravitate towards Buckeye Beer Engine on Madison and Arthur Ave.


Buckeye Beer Engine has a ginormous and ever changing selection of beers on tap and bottles. The menu has a good set of staple items but has weekly specials and a burger of the month (BOM) which never disappoints. I enjoy coming here for the atmosphere, patio, and usually great service & food. 
* May's BOM: Bob Marley*

After filling up on burgers and beer my hired muscles and I walked around the area. Low and behold another Cleveland staple was down the street! Since Will is new to the area had to take him in to try the decadence of Malley's chocolate. My favorite treat is the Malley-O an oreo dipped in chocolate...mmm

*Lakewood Store*


 This is one company that seems to have new stores popping up all over the area. For me I still love going to the few ice cream parlors. Each ice cream parlor has its own unique character one even included a merry- go-round! The pale pink decor and soda fountain counter makes the experience all that more enjoyable and reminiscent of past times. 

While you can take a "tour" of the factory which ends up just being a window over looking a production line, you can explore just as much going to a larger store. The staff are always friendly and the chocolate is fabulous. 


*Sibs after our "tour"*

All in all it was a perfect evening of unique Cleveland eats. If you are in the area be sure to check these places out. July's BOM is the Georgia Peach- burger topped with cheddar, bourbon BBQ sauce, caramelized onions, and a brown sugar grilled peach with fried mint garnish. Yum bourbon and peaches...I will for sure be hitting up Buckeye Beer Engine this month!



No comments:

Post a Comment