Tuesday, November 12, 2013

World Date-Italiano Stye

So the man was a little blue because his whole family took a trip to Italy and due to classes could not go with them. So to cheer him up I decided to take him to Italy for a day....

First via email he was invited to a day filled with Renaissance culture, Italian cuisine, and a foreign film. To make it a bit more realistic I sent him a plane ticket. You can create your own here!



There will be more world traveling dates in our future so I printed out a passport to keep record of our adventures here.

Before the date I stopped by the library and picked up a bunch of different Italian inspired music CD's.  It made it really fun to pop in a different CD throughout the date and set the mood for our Italian adventure!
testing out Bernoulli principles
 For Renaissance culture I planned to visit one of our favorite things: a museum. Since DaVinci, Galileo and other well known scientists are from Italy I thought why not head to the Science center! We saw the Hidden Universe Omnimax movie and had a great time exploring the museum and acting like kids.



 I made picnic for us to enjoy filled with yummy Italian treats. I packed a spread of cold cuts: capicola, salami, prosciutto, an antipasto sampler, herb infused olive dipping oil with tuscan bread and some Italian sodas. I had planned for a picnic overlooking the harbor but the weather made other plans and we had to improvise with a picnic in the car.  

typical Cleveland: weather changes every 15 minutes
After lunch we weren't quite finished exploring the culture part and since the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was right next door we headed over there. 


All that exploring left us famished. Luckily I was prepared with all the supplies to make our own calzones. I was a bit neverous attempting to make the dough from scratch but it was fantastic. If you want the recipe check out my previous post #3.3 homemade veggie calzones

Ta da!
For dessert I made a peach crisp. I wish I had thought of it at the time but I would have ended the meal with gelato or made tiramisu, but he didn't seem to mind the crisp.

annihilated!
After dinner we watched an Italian foreign film. I gave W choices between Italian Job, Under Tuscan Sun, or Moonstruck. Can you guess what he picked??? There are ton more movies to pick from, these where just what I had on hand.

I also had an artwork creation  and build/race mini gondolas at the beach planned but we never got to it...we just had too much fun at the museums!

Even though we couldn't go to the real Italy this date was a lot of fun and great memory! Dating divas (I just love their site) helped inspire this date. Check out their bella notte date if you want some more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment