Monday, September 30, 2013

# 8 Run or Dye

*made it through the blue zone*
I specifically made doing a color run a list item instead of any old 5K because they look like so much fun! I really hate running and needed a big motivator to do another 5K. My plan was to get into running shape before it, but a broken toe less than two weeks before the event changed those plans. I was not quite up for running it, but I was able to jog for parts of it. Ahh the wonders of Tylenol. Despite that set back I had a great time at Run or Dye Cleveland!


*waiting at the start line and fellow bus riders love the tutus*
 W and I decided to make our day even more adventurous by using public transportation...we thought we would be so clever and this will help us get around traffic and avoid paying outrageous prices for parking. Oops with track construction on the red line and wrongly marked trains for the waterfront line the travel time more than tripled. In the end we had fun attempting to navigate our way onto different buses and trains throughout tower city, even if we took a short east side detour. Besides the looks we got were priceless as we were covered head to toe in dye!


*the before and after shots*

Speaking of dye 3 days later I still had green (then blue) armpits ugh. At least the weather was cooler and I could cover them up!  


*view of the yellow zone*


It was so nice to see families walking together and all the different costumes of teams. Thank you for the tip to wear sunglasses it was a lifesaver! I for sure want to do another color run again. Who's with me?


*the after party*




1 comment: