Thursday, September 12, 2013

#22 Night at Blossom x2

Enjoying Train, Gavin DeGraw, the Spirit, Phillip Phillips, & John Mayer!

To complete list item #22- attend a concert I went to not one by two concerts at Blossom! Blossom Music Center is an amphitheater  located in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. The pavilion seats 5,700 people, with space for about 13,500 more on the lawn. It is the summer home for the Cleveland Orchestra. 

There is something magical about seeing a concert outside and I will always prefer to be outdoors than inside in an arena. I can't put my finger on why exactly I feel much more involved in the experience. Usually I'm further away than an indoor event hmmm. Maybe it's the grass between my toes, dancing beneath the stars or the thrill of winning the lottery of good weather for the event you planned 6 months earlier. I think the main reason I enjoy  Blossom or any other outdoor venue is these events remind me of summer days gone by when I was younger. Those times when you had no cares in the world except having a great night out with friends. 



*Those were the days*

I always love live music and have the best times when listening to new or little known artists to me. Maybe it's  the thrill of recognizing a song  or greater appreciation for the artists. Or the excitement to explore their work after concert or going to a concert without heightened expectations. This certainly was the case between the two concerts I attended. 


I am all about an artist trying new things to grow, but was a bit disappointed with John Mayer. I have been to one of his concerts before and there was nonstop dancing and singing along. This time around I've never seen so many people sitting at a concert (other than an orchestra concert). Yikes, best of luck John with this new style! 

On the other hand I haven't really followed Train for years and had never heard of the Script before. As soon as songs came on I kept saying oh they do that. All three artists made it a non stop dance fest even though Train played a lot of covers...a bit odd but it worked!

Thanks to all my friends and family members that helped me complete this list item I had a blast! Here's looking forward to another season  of outdoor concerts next summer.






No comments:

Post a Comment