Thursday, August 8, 2013

Got Science?

*space is far out*

Time flies when your having fun! I can't believe the summer is almost over.

 I've been busy working  and having a blast at the Great Lakes Science Center's summer camps this week. If you haven't been to this museum in a while I would highly recommend checking it out. Not because I spend a lot of time here, but because it's a pretty awesome museum in itself. 

This winter/spring there was a complete renovation to the NASA Glenn Visitor Center and the Titanic exhibit is there until January 5th. I've seen the Titanic exhibit in 4 different location and each one is unique, but this is one my favorite collections.There is also a new Omnimax movie Hidden Universe playing. I haven't seen it yet but I've heard its really good. Be sure to check out the Mather while it is still open. Did you know it's actually floating?

There is always new stuff and really cool programs going on at the Great Lakes Science Center. For example August 10th is Space Saturday: Curiosity 1 year later. There are many of these space themed events through out the year that include astronaut meetings, artifacts, and hands on activities for all ages. Yuri Night's is an adult only costume party that is a blast! Space isn't the only focus of events... be on the look out for sleep overs and spooky science nights in the upcoming months! 


*multiple floors of fun*
This Saturday I'm looking forward to walking (stupid broken toe) the Run or Dye 5K. I just picked up my dye packet and T-shirt this afternoon, I can't wait! Yeah one more item soon to be off my list

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love the science center! Also, did you take that picture of the airbags?? I love it! That's a great picture of the museum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i took it near the escalators..turned out pretty neat!

      Delete