Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Pina Coladas Caught in the Rain

I woke up this morning with an extended case of the mondays. I think (fingers crossed) this snowy winter portion is over and now is the endless rain. Ugh I'd rather have snow. No matter how many times I heard Pharrell's Happy on the radio on the way to school (4 times! yes that's right in a 35 minute drive) the weather is keeping me in the blah's

see what I"m talking about blech
I had a fabulous time enjoying the sun and green plants for a few days in Florida last week.  I would love to bottle it up and use it for those yucky mornings. I need a pick me up to keep me from getting too much further in the dumps . Cue the Jimmy Buffet 24/7.
Skinny Pina Colada
I stumbled across a Skinny Pina Colada recipe and I think this paired with some baked tilapia with peach mango salsa tonight might be just the ticket to get me back in sunny mood. Ya feelin' me mon?
one of my favorite fish dishes to make in 30 min or less
I have a feeling these are going to be my go to summer staples! Yum I can almost see the sun outside now...wait it actually is out woo hoo


super simple ingredients!
Skinny Pina Colada
Ingredients for 1 cocktail:
2 oz Coconut Rum
5 oz coconut water
2 oz pineapple juice

Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain, pouring into glass with ice. Garnish with maraschino cherry or orange slice (optional). Drink and enjoy!



Thanks CarrotsnCake for the recipe and drink photos!



No comments:

Post a Comment