Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas Light Date

Looking for a quick, inexpensive, and easy date? All you need is gas in the tank, hot chocolate, good holiday movie, and Christmas bingo/I spy cards.

After spending the better half of the day on the phone and driving all over northeastern Ohio to take care of replacing a stolen wallet our date night got cut short. I thought this was a perfect date to help bring back some of the Christmas cheer as I was leaning toward the Grinch side.

 W and I jumped in the car and circled through the neighborhoods in search of the "griswold house". You know every city has to have at least one or two of those overly gaudy decorations with maybe four or five blow ups. For me though my favorite houses are the simplest ones. I love a few white lights and windows adorned with wreaths and red ribbons and maybe candles in the windows. 
just simple and elegant
W and I had a night filled with singing Christmas carols while driving intermixed with oohs and awwws of the gorgeously decorated houses. It even started to snow on our drive! I will say we were a bit to engrossed in the views to play a competative game of bingo so we just tried to complete as many if the I spy tasks before heading home.


When returned we snuggled next to our tree, warmed up with some hot chocolate,  and watched the classic Home Alone movie. What a perfect simple date. 

This is something that is easily adapted to work with the whole family (dress up the kids in pjs have the hot chocolate in to go cups) or as a couples contest road rally game. When you return you can warm up with tasty holiday beverages. Check out a few from an older post!


Thank you to Another Crafty Day for these adorable bingo cards. Feel free to make your own I spy lists there are a ton of ideas on Pinterest. If you want to turn this into a contest Dating Divas has a free printable set for a couples party/date right here. 

one day I hope to do something
like this on my front door
Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment