Monday, February 24, 2014

Champagne for a year Gift


congratulations!
One wedding gift I like to give if I am in the wedding or for those close friends that enjoy the bubbly is 12 months of champagne basket.  Who says the party should stop once the wedding is over? This gifts lets the bride and groom celebrate each month anniversary during the first year of marriage. It is a cute and easy project and depending on your craft skills you can make this gift as elaborate and customized as you like!

All you need is: 
-a large sturdy basket (those bottles get heavy)
-tissue paper, bags or plastic air cushions to help protect bottles/give support to display
-12 mini champagne bottles they usually come in packs of 4
-ribbon
-hole puncher
-12 tags for months- i used cute scrapbook paper 
-champagne glasses (optional addition)

First find a large sturdy basket that will hold all 12 bottles. I liked using a rectangle basket, the bottles seemed to fit inside it the best. Next design the tags.
making the tags
The tags were pretty easy to make. I used scrap book paper and made circles with numbers in publisher program...sorry I can't get it to upload a copy to add to post. I attached them to the bottles using curling ribbon.
these had quite a distance to travel so the cases came in handy
To fill the basket I used tissue paper (lots), plastic bags, and the air cushion pillows you get in shipments to hep prop up the bottles and keep them from rolling all over the place. 
so cute!
You can also make a sampler of different champagne types and add glasses too! I've also made tags that are related to the seasons or themed around their wedding colors. The sky's the limit on how you want to customize this. 
*12 months of celebration champagne sampler*

I have to give credit to my sister's friend Cassity for this awesome idea. Thank you. It has been a blast making these baskets and I hope you can use this idea to!

No comments:

Post a Comment