Thursday, October 31, 2013

# 20 Send Holiday Cards-Boo Yeah


I love getting real mail
When I lived out of state I made an effort to keep up with friends through sending cards or letters.  I think that this is an important lost form of communication. Really when is the last time other than a birthday card you got some fun mail?
cutest stamps ever these were just begging to be used!
Since moving back to Ohio and being closer to the ones I love I sort of slacked in my letter sending. I would send letters for every holiday big and small, and while I usually didn't receive any back it made me feel good to send some cheer and warm thoughts on to others.This list task #20 send Holiday cards was the rekindle that spirit and I forgot how much I missed it.
cards check now to find addresses

I picked Halloween because it is my favorite holiday. Not for the normal reasons people might say (I really could do without all the scary stuff), but because it is a kick off of the holiday season. I love the dressing up, the weather cooling down, and the gorgeous backdrop of the changing of the leaves. Halloween signals for me the beginning of celebrated times with family and loved ones in the upcoming months.
another list item completed!

I purchased a set of quirky Halloween cards from an acquaintance's business: Colette Paperie. She is just brilliant! Her cards make me laugh every time and even in those times you probably shouldn't be laughing. Glad to find someone with a similar sense of humor.
this just makes me giggle

Check out the website here to purchase or find what retail stores carry her cards.  The company is based in Cincinnati, but cards can be found all over the states! Colette Paperie was so easy to work with (sorry about the million questions I had about my order). The shipping was super fast and the quality of cards is fantastic. It was nice thick paper for the cards and envelopes. I love supporting local small businesses. Hmmm what can I send next!
These seriously crack me up!

Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment